Here are your new StuCo execs for 2013-2014!
- President: Maseh Hadaf
- Vice-President: Chris Zhang
- Treasurer: Dustin Zhang
- Secretary: Bernice Chow
- Social Convenors: Kevin Kim and Sukaina Abdullah
- Minister of Publicity: Raunak Gera
- Minister of External Affairs: Teffran Chan
- Minister of Conference: Valentine Yaskevitch
- Webmasters: Jashanjot Sohanpal and Jeffrey Yang
And congratulations to all candidates for their fantastic speeches!
Wondering what’s conference?
REACH’13 is this year’s edition of the York Region Presidents’ Council’s annual student leadership conference. The conference will take place over four days and three nights, from Thursday, April 25 to Sunday, April 28, 2013 at Camp Muskoka in Bracebridge. During the course of the conference, delegates will be split into groups of approximately twelve, consisting of students from different schools led by two student skillbuilders who will facilitate a number of leadership activities. The conference will feature motivational speakers, leadership sessions, and social activities including a dance and a talent show. Over the course of the weekend, delegates will be given opportunities to take the leadership skills they are learning and apply them to situations they encounter with fellow students. The ultimate goal of this weekend is for students to learn new ways to succeed in leadership. This will allow them to have a positive influence in their school and surrounding community. Delegates will experience a comfortable, supportive environment where individuals are accepted for who they are. Delegates will leave having learned valuable lessons in leadership which they can implement in their community.
Each of the York Region Secondary Schools selects up to seven delegates to attend REACH’13. In total, conference accommodates almost 220 delegates, 10 YRPC members, and a team of adult chaperones consisting of YRDSB staff. The fee to attend this conference is $230 per delegate which covers meals, lodging, transportation, and various conference activities. Traditionally our school subsidizes the cost of the conference down to $50, however there are now guarantees.
If you are interested, please complete the application and submit it to the Student Council office by Tuesday, February 12th.
Hey Raiders! It’s almost that time of the year: our annual Star Search Talent Show! We will have many students performing so come join us on December 19,
Buy your tickets for $2 each, or 2 cans of food.
Performers: Please sign up ASAP at the StuCo office
Raiders, we are hosting a school-wide game starting in December! Here are the rules:
- Each student gets a secret number & someone else’s name who is also participating (called the “target”)
- The objective is to confront your target and say “gotcha” when both of you are alone or out of earshot. Your target is then out of the game.
- Your target must then give you their secret number, and you can submit this online here: http://gotcha.rhhsstuco.org/ to confirm and get the name of your next target
- Try to confront as many people as possible
- And of course, try to avoid being confronted by someone else
Sign-up will be next week and is $1 per person. There is a maximum of 25 students for periods 1 & 5, and 50 students for periods 2-4.
There will be a prize for the winner of each period.
This is a reminder to everyone who is going to Semi-Formal:
7601 Jane Street, Vaughan
Thursday (Nov 22) 7pm – 11pm
Please bring your Student ID cards for check-in!
View Larger Map